The current situation regarding Covid-19 is concerning for us all. We know that many of you will be making changes to your daily activities and future plans, this is unprecedented situation, with things moving and changing very quickly.
We are constantly taking advice from our trade organization (SAIF), who are in contact with the government regularly.
We as a family funeral directors will do all we can to keep things as normal as possible.
- Our funeral home is still open
- We ask if possible, to call and arrange the service over the phone or by email.
- We are unable to provide limousines at this present time.
- If you think you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 please don’t visit our funeral home.
- Most churches have cancelled funeral services.
- Crematorium service are going ahead but many with restrictions (please see our local crematoriums below).
At present there are NO restrictions except, curtains must be closed at the end of the service and the coffin must not be touched by the family. They ask you follow the Government guide lines. Web casting is available.
At present there are NO restrictions, but ask you to follow the Government guide lines.
Garden of England
Maximum of 25 mourners and the service is to be between 15-30 minutes, the gardens are closed. Web casting is available.
Only 10 people in the chapel, (spouse/partner, parents/carers, siblings/children of the person who has passed away and their partners. The waiting room is closed.
20 people in the chapel, curtains to be closed at the end of the service.
As you can appreciate this can change very quickly and we will do our best to keep you informed.
Please stay safe.
Darren Carpenter and all at Birds Family Funeral Directors.
Call us today on 01622 692 949